Khao San Road is one of the Must-Dos in Bangkok. It is known as the backpacker street in Thailands capital city. In this road and the whole area around are a lot of Hostels, cheap Hotels, restaurants, bars and clubs. It is always fun to hang out there and meet new people!
This years they put up this funny sign with 7 Things To Do In Khao San Road:
sign in Khao San Road
- Visit Wat Chana Songkhram
- Check Out Khao San Museum
- Enjoy The Real Thai Food
- Get A Tattoo
- Relax With Thai Massage
- Buy Silver And Handcraft Art
- Rock The Night Out
- Visit the Wat Chana Songkhram! This temple is right across the Police Station at the end of Khao San Road. (in direction Mc Donalds, NOT Burger King 😉 )
The temple is open from 6am till 6pm! To respect the culture and the locals, it is always recommended to wear pants or a sarong for girls and not to show legs or shoulders!
- The Khao San Garden is the only museum in this street. This combines a museum with a library and a french cafe. Unfortunately we haven’t been there yet, but I promise, we will go next time! (Tuesday – Sunday: 10 am – 9 pm)
- There is a great variety of cafe’s, restaurants and bars in Khao San, where you can find delicious thai food, but western dishes as well. My favorite thai dishes are green curry, massaman curry and garlic chicken with rice! Enjoy the tasty food!
- There are a couple of tattoo shops, where you can make a memory of your amazing vacation in Thailand!
- The Thai Massages are sooo good! I haven’t seen a street with more massage places than in Khaosan and the parallel streets. I love Charlys Massage: sitting there, enjoying a 30 minute foot massage for 150 baht and watching the people walking up and down the street 🙂
- Don’t miss out on the great opportunity to buy Silver and Handcraft Arts in Thailand. They have a good selection of silver jewelry! I love to buy a new ring, which reminds me every day of a great holiday!
- Rock the night out! My favorite bar is the roof bar, where they have live bands every night! You can sit at the open windows with a view of the Khaosan Road, drink cocktails or the famous Chang beer and make new friends!
DO WHAT YOU LOVE, DO IT OFTEN AND ALWAYS TRAVEL WITH AN OPEN MIND!