San Diego is one of my favorite places to be during the summer. The days are long and warm and the water is always the perfect temperature. The food in San Diego is delicious and whether you order nachos at a sports bar or a steak at Ruth’s Chris, this place goes all out. The beaches here are incredible and hot spot for locals and tourists alike so grab a towel and sunscreen and check out some of the best beaches in California.
Places to see in San Diego
- Hike Torre Pines: Some of the best views in San Diego. Hike to one of the many look out points on this trail and get a birds eye view of one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world.
- Coronado Island: A trip to Coronado Island is a great way to spend a day in San Diego. Drive over the Coronado Bridge and have a great view of downtown skyline. Visit the historic Hotel Del and see where past US presidents have stayed on visits to San Diego.
- Old Town San Diego: If you are looking for Authentic Mexican food, Street shopping and a touch of history, Old town is the perfect place. If you are in San Diego for Cinco de Mayo or Halloween be sure to check out the festivals going on here. Don’t miss out on a trip to Old Town.
- Pacific Beach: One of my favorite beach cities in California. PB really knows how to have fun. Garnett Avenue is one of the main streets in Pacific Beach and it is lined with restaurants, bars, shops, you name it! Everyone here is here for a good time so grab a beer, catch a game and mingle with the day faders!
Delicious Food in San Diego
- Oscars- Oscars is of my favorite hole in the wall restaurants in San Diego. The seafood is fresh so try the fish tacos. You wont regret it!
- The Crab Catcher: This place has a great location right next to La Jolla Cove. Try and get a seat by the window or in the outdoor patio for a view of the Cove. This place serves great seafood but if you’re not in the mood for fish order the pizza here, its great!
- Uber & Lyft