Phuket is one of the largest cities in Thailand and a popular spot for tourists. Following a tsunami in 2004, Phuket recovered tremendously and remains one of Thailand’s wealthiest provinces. Prices for food and accommodation are higher here than in the rest of Thailand however it is still very affordable. Check out the beaches along the west coast where the water is always the perfect temperature and the sunsets are amazing.
Sightseeing in Phuket
- Thanon Bangla (Bangla Road)- Bangla Road is incredible. During the day it’s a great place to chill out and grab a beer but at night this place goes crazy. Experience the best party scene that Phuket has to offer with its many clubs and bars and have a great time without emptying your wallet.
- Bangla Boxing Stadium- Witness some orginal Thai style fighting and even place some bets and maybe win some cash.
- Sweet Lemongrass Massage
- Popular Beaches
- Paradise Beach
- Kalim Beach
- Dream Beach
- Kata Noi Beach
- Phang Nga Bay
- Visit Temples
- Khao Phra Thaeo
- Hat Karon
- Thalang National Museum
Delicious Food in Phuket
- Street food: Thailand is known for street food and Phuket offers some of the best around.
- DimSum: Typical Asian style dumpling filled with all sorts of things.
- Seafood: The Seafood here is incredible. The fish are caught daily, doesn’t get any fresher.
Hotel in Phuket
Paradise Beach Resort: At $20 per night this place is not bad. It is a little far from the center but the air conditioner is powerful and the bathrooms are clean. Clean bathrooms are important here.
Transportation in Phuket
Rent a Scooter @ only 250 baht per day for a scooter its worth considering. Renting a Scooter is a great way to go off on your own and see the island.
Songtaew: Shared taxi (converted pickup truck) They can be found on main roads.