In my opinion Koh Phi Phi is next to Koh Tao the most beautiful island in Thailand. This excites me especially that there are no cars or scooters, and you have to walk on foot or must rent a bike. The island is not too big and the walk is fun =) Otherwise, you can take a taxi boat for 100 baht.
My absolute favorite beach of Long Beach to the one in about 20 minutes from Loh Dalam Bay
What to do in Koh Phi Phi
Scuba Dive- Scuba Diving is very popular in Koh Phi Phi. The views underwater are spectacular and there are many different species of fish. There are many dive centers on the island that offer day trips and certification classes. The dive masters are very well trained and enjoy what they do so its always a good time.
Maya Bay- One of the most beautiful beaches in all of Thailand and known for being a film site for The Beach in 1999. Because of its stardom this beach is constantly occupied with tourists and the local government charges a tax to people who want to visit during the high season.
Long Beach- Long Beach is located just outside of the main town. Long Beach has great views, a small restaurant/bar and beach bungalows. You can take a water taxi to Long Beach for 100 baht per person or follow the 10-minute hiking trail along the beach.
Slinky Beach Bar- Probably the craziest beach club on the island. Slinky Bar rages every night till around 3 am. The music is great the drinks are pretty good and the place is always packed.
Relax Bar- Beer pong, Connect 4, 2 for 1 Buckets, and Janga! It’s low-key compared to Slinky Bar but this place can rage pretty hard if slinky bar gets overcrowded.
Banana Bar- Rooftop Bar very well known in on the island to locals. Good views, good music, and pretty good Mexican food make this place my favorite bar on the island.
Delicious Food in Koh Phi Phi
- Harmony Restaurant- Harmony is a good place to get some traditional Thai food. The prices are the cheapest on the island and they offer wifi.
- Banana Bar- Rooftop Bar very well known in on the island to locals. Good views, good music, and pretty good Mexican food make this place my favorite bar on the island.
Best Accommodations in Koh Phi Phi
- Phi Phi View Point Resort: At $40 per night this place is a bargain compared to the to rest of the island. They offer double beds, good showers, and an infinity pool with an incredible view.
- Paradise Pearl Resort: A beautiful beach bungalow located on the beautiful coast of Long Beach. If you book in advance you can get a good deal. Otherwise this place is very pricy.
Transportation in Koh Phi Phi
- Long Tail: Will cost you about 100 baht per person
What did you like in Koh Tao? What was your favorite experience?